Friday 8 March 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rob Zettler in Sept-?les and Clare Wood in Zululand.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Naked Ape by Desmond Morris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starparade.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1968 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Rob Zettler in Sept-?les: Quebec, Canada; NHL defenseman (Toronto Maple Leafs).
- Clare Wood in Zululand: South Africa; tennis star (1986 Futures-Lisbon).
- Luc Goiris: Dutch pro rower who won eighth place along with J. Van Driessche in the coxless pair in the Atlanta Olympics, July 1996.
- Michael Bartels: German race car driver.
- Jim Dougherty: American baseball player.
- Rob Dukes: American singer-songwriter (Exodus and Generation Kill)
- Ellen Forney: American author and illustrator
- Shawn Mullins: American singer-songwriter (The Thorns)
- Joanna Read: English director and playwright
- 6 year old Tommy Moore scores hole-in-one in golf (Hagerstown, Md)
- Fillmore East opens
- Students demonstrate in Warsaw, Poland.
- The first student protests spark the 1968 Polish political crisis.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- Classics IV - Spooky
- Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart - I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- The Association - Everything That Touches You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?