Friday 31 October 2003, Halloween
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Love Actually, directed by Richard Curtis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Heart Full Of Lies by Ann Rule was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Slings and Arrows.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castlevania: Lament of Innocence or Batman: Dark Tomorrow.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 2003!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 31 October 2003 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 October
- Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer: Indian singer (Born 1908).
- A bankruptcy court approves MCI's reorganization plans, essentially clearing the telecommunications company to exit bankruptcy.
- Mahathir bin Mohamad resigns as Prime Minister of Malaysia and is replaced by Deputy Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, marking an end to Mahathir's 22 years in power.
- Japan: The trial of Shoko Asahara, accused of involvement in the 1995 sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway, ends in Japan with final statements from lawyers. The next court session is to be held in mid-February 2004.
- Japanese supercentenarian Kamato Hongo dies from pneumonia.
- United Kingdom: Kenneth Clarke has ruled himself out of the contest to lead the Conservative Party and the field is left potentially clear for Michael Howard to be elected unopposed.
- Surfer Bethany Hamilton's arm is bitten off by a shark.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 31 October 2003
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Lierse - Gent : 0 - 0
- Mouscron - Anderlecht : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Cottbus : 1 - 3
- Erzgebirge Aue - Mainz : 1 - 1
- Lubeck - Ahlen : 4 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Clermont - Lorient : 0 - 4
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Wrexham - Colchester : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?