December 1900 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in December 1900.
The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on December 1900: find out below
Which were the important events of December 1900?
- 01 Dec 1900 South African President Paul Kruger visits Flanders.
- 02 Dec 1900 South African President Paul Kruger arrives in Germany.
- 07 Dec 1900 Max Planck, in his house at Grunewald, on the outskirts of Berlin, discovers the law of black body emission.
- 09 Dec 1900 Dutch President Paul Kruger and Queen Wilhelmina have a triumphant procession.
- 12 Dec 1900 National Negro Anthem, "Lift Every Voice and Sing" is composed.
- 13 Dec 1900 Battle at Nooitgedacht: generals The la Rey / Smuts beat Britten
- 14 Dec 1900 Quantum Mechanics: Max Planck presents a theoretical derivation of his black-body radiation law.
- 16 Dec 1900 Boer army under General Kritzinger take Cape colony.
- 17 Dec 1900 New Ellis Island Immigration station completed costing $1.5 million.
- 18 Dec 1900 The Upper Ferntree Gully to Gembrook Narrow-gauge (2 ft 6 in or 762 mm) Railway (now the Puffing Billy Railway) in Victoria, Australia is opened for traffic.
- 19 Dec 1900 Hopetoun Blunder: The first Governor-General of Australia John Hope, 7th Earl of Hopetoun, appointed Sir William Lyne as premier of the new state New South Wales, but he is unable to persuade other colonial politicians to join his government and is forced to resign.
- 20 Dec 1900 Giacobini discovers a comet (will be first comet visited by spacecraft).
- 25 Dec 1900 Arthur Schnitzlers "Leutnant Gustl" forbidden in Germany.
- 29 Dec 1900 General Viljoen surprise attack British garrison to Helvetia.
French actress on screen from 1924 to...
French director and screenwriter (d....
American actress best known for her work...
- See more
Which were the top hits in December 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - I Love You Just the Same
- Dan Quinn - When Reuben Comes to Town
- Albert Campbell - Ma Blushin' Rosie