Friday December 21, 1900
US date format: 12/21/1900, UK date format: 21/12/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 21, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Oda Schaefer and Wischnewski writer.
The Last Alarm, directed by William West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 21, 1900?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Roger Wolcott: American politician (Born 1847).