Thursday 6 December 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Agnes Moorehead and Eugénie Dauzat.
Chimmie Hicks and the Rum Omelet, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1900!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1900 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Agnes Moorehead: American actress best known for her work in the 1960s American TV comedy series "Bewitched" in which she played the mother She established herself as an actress much earlier than that, having performed in vaudeville, radio and stage, making her first movie in 1941.
- Eugénie Dauzat: French supercentenarian.
- Auguste Darraidou: France sport Champion.