Tuesday December 11, 1900
US date format: 12/11/1900, UK date format: 11/12/1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 11, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Darcelys and Rabert Foignet.
The Last Alarm, directed by William West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 11, 1900?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 11, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dan Quinn - When Reuben Comes to Town