Thursday December 13, 1900
US date format: 12/13/1900, UK date format: 13/12/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 13, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Norman Foster and Jonel Perlea.
The Last Alarm, directed by William West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 13, 1900?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- See more
- Battle at Nooitgedacht: generals The la Rey / Smuts beat Britten
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 13, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dan Quinn - When Reuben Comes to Town