Sunday 16 December 1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 16, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rudolf Diels and V S Pritchett.
The Last Alarm, directed by William West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 December 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1900!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1900 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Rudolf Diels: German first chief of the Gestapo, founded as a secret police force in June, 1933, appointed by his patron Goering.
- Victor S Pritchett: Literary critic / author (Myth Makers).
- V S Pritchett: English author and critic (d. 1997).
- Lucille Lortel: American actress and producer (d. 1999).
- V Pritchett: English author and critic (d. 1997).
- Boer army under General Kritzinger take Cape colony.