Sunday 16 December 1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rudolf Diels and Victor S Pritchett.
while Unleavened Bread by Robert Grant was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1900!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1900 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Rudolf Diels: German first chief of the Gestapo, founded as a secret police force in June, 1933, appointed by his patron Goering.
- Victor S Pritchett: Literary critic / author (Myth Makers).
- V S Pritchett: English author and critic (d. 1997).
- Lucille Lortel: American actress and producer (d. 1999).
- V Pritchett: English author and critic (d. 1997).
- Boer army under General Kritzinger take Cape colony.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When Reuben Comes to Town - Dan Quinn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?