Friday 7 December 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Chimmie Hicks and the Rum Omelet, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 December 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 1900!
Which were the important events of 7 December 1900 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 December
- Latin-America: 74,000,000
- Max Planck, in his house at Grunewald, on the outskirts of Berlin, discovers the law of black body emission.
- Northern America: 82,000,000
- Oceania: 6,000,000
- Max Planck announces his discovery of the law of black body emission, marking the birth of quantum physics.
- Milton S. Hershey introduces the milk chocolate Hershey bar in the United States.
- In New Haven, Connecticut, U.S., Louis Lassen of Louis' Lunch makes the first modern-day hamburger sandwich.
- First ''Michelin Guide'' published in France.
- The Imperial Civil Service in India consists of fewer than 3,500 top officials for a population of 300 million.
- Four out of every 1,000 residents of British India die of cholera each year.
- World population: 1,650,000,000
- Africa: 133,000,000
- Asia: 947,000,000
- Japan: c. 45,000,000
- Europe: 408,000,000