December 1904 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in December 1904.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on December 1904: find out below
Which were the important events of December 1904?
- 02 Dec 1904 The St. Petersburg Soviet urges a run on the banks: the attempt fails and the executive committee is arrested.
- 03 Dec 1904 The Jovian moon Himalia is discovered by Charles Dillon Perrine at California's Lick Observatory.
- 04 Dec 1904 The K.U. or Konservativ Ungdom (Young Conservatives) is founded by Carl F. Herman von Rosen in Denmark.
- 06 Dec 1904 Theodore Roosevelt confirms Monroe-doctrine (Roosevelt Corollary).
- 10 Dec 1904 King Peter I of Sweden named nationalist regime.
- 12 Dec 1904 CMS McClellans "Leah Kleschna" premieres in New York City, New York.
- 24 Dec 1904 German SW Africa abolishes slavery of young children.
- 27 Dec 1904 Duke of York Theatre opens in London (first musical Peter Pan).
- 30 Dec 1904 The East Boston Tunnel opens.
- 31 Dec 1904 The first New Year's Eve celebration is held in Longacre Square (later known as Times Square) in New York City, New York.
French writer (Born 1904).
Italian writer, actress and daughter of...
American circus sideshow freak who was...
Swiss-Cuban musicologist and author (d....
- See more
Which were the top hits in December 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Arthur Pryor's Band - Meet Me in St. Louis Medley
- Bob Roberts - I May be Crazy, But I Ain't No Fool
- Henry Burr - My Little Canoe