Saturday December 24, 1904, Christmas Eve
US date format: 12/24/1904, UK date format: 24/12/1904
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 24, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Daniel K Womack and Herbert D Riley US vice-admiral (WWII.
The Mermaid, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 24, 1904?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- German SW Africa abolishes slavery of young children.
- Juliaan Dillens Flemish sculptor: dies at age 55.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 24, 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr - My Little Canoe