Saturday 31 December 1904, NewYear’s EveUS date format: 12/31/1904, UK date format: 31/12/1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 31, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chuck Gardiner and Nathan Milstein in Odessa.
The Mermaid, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 December 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1904!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1904 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Chuck Gardiner: in United Kingdom; NHL goalie (Vezina winner).
- Nathan Milstein in Odessa: Russia; concert violinist (Philadelphia Orchestra 1942).
- Umm Kulthum: Egyptian singer and actress (d. 1975).
- William Heynes: English engineer (d. 1989).
- The first New Year's Eve celebration is held in Longacre Square (later known as Times Square) in New York City, New York.
- The Loftus Road and Griffin Park football stadiums open in London.
- Stuyvesant High School is founded in New York City.
- The Daytona Educational and Industrial Training School for Negro Girls, now Bethune-Cookman University, is founded.
- Halford Mackinder presents a paper on ampquot''The Geographical Pivot of History''ampquot to the Royal Geographical Society of London in which he formulates the Heartland Theory, originating the study of geopolitics.
- The subject of alcohol and heart attacks is first investigated.