May 1901 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in May 1901.
The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on May 1901: find out below
Which were the important events of May 1901?
- 01 May 1901 Detroit Tigers commit 12 errors against Chicago White Sox.
- 03 May 1901 Fire destroyed 1,700 buildings in Jacksonville Florida.
- 08 May 1901 In their long-delayed American League home opener, Boston defeats Philadelphia 12-4.
- 09 May 1901 Australia opens its first parliament in Melbourne.
- 12 May 1901 President McKinley visits San Francisco.
- 16 May 1901 Start of Sherlock Holmes Adventure of Priory School (BG)
- 23 May 1901 Ottawa Mint Act receives Royal Assent.
- 24 May 1901 Seventy-eight miners die in the Caerphilly pit disaster in South Wales.
- 28 May 1901 26th Preakness: Fred Landry aboard The Parader wins in 1:47.2.
- 30 May 1901 Hall of Fame for Great American on NYU campus dedicated
American actor who became a major star...
- See more
Canadian politician (Born 1831).
Italian-American assassin of Umberto I...
- See more
Which were the top hits in May 1901?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Georgia Minstrel Co. - Minstrels: First Part, No. 5
- Gilmore's Band - Selections from Florodora
- Harry Macdonough - When the Harvest Days are Over
- Harry Macdonough - Good-Bye, Dolly Gray
- George J. Gaskin - Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder