Tuesday 7 May 1901
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Cooper and Marcel Poot.
Another Job for the Undertaker, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 May 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1901 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Gary Cooper: American actor who became a major star after his 1941 appearance in "Sergeant York.
- Marcel Poot: Belgian composer, music theorist and Conservatory Director in Brussels 1949-66.
- L T Coggeshall: Medical Scientist / US Secretary of HEW (1956-58).
- Josep Sert: Catalan architect and city planner.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Harvest Days are Over - Harry Macdonough
- Selections from Florodora - Gilmore's Band