Friday May 24, 1901
US date format: 5/24/1901, UK date format: 24/5/1901
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see zodiac on May 24, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jose Nasazzi and Jean Gay.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder by George J. Gaskin.
Another Job for the Undertaker, directed by , was one of the most viewed movie released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 24, 1901?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- See more
- Seventy-eight miners die in the Caerphilly pit disaster in South Wales.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 24, 1901?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- George J. Gaskin - Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
- Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh Weathersby on a Trip to Boston
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on May 24, 1901?
On May 24, 1901 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is May 24, 1901?
On May 24, 1901 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on May 24, 1901?
On May 24, 1901 the US President was William McKinley (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on May 24, 1901?
On May 24, 1901 the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on May 24, 1901?
On May 24, 1901 Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on May 24, 1901?
On May 24, 1901 several famous people were born including, Jose Nasazzi, Jean Gay, José Nasazzi.