Monday 6 May 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Enrique Alferez and May Giscard d'Estaing.
On the Old Plantation, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while Eben Holden by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1901 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Enrique Alferez: Mexican-born Louisiana artist, best known as a sculptor in the art deco style.
- May Giscard d'Estaing: French centenarian, mother of President Valéry Giscard d'Estaing.
- Albert Decaris: French artist, engraver, painter and aquarellist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1901 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Minstrels: First Part, No. 5 - Georgia Minstrel Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?