Thursday 9 May 1901
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fuzzy Knight .
Another Job for the Undertaker, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 May 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1901 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Fuzzy Knight: Fairmont, West Virginia -- Actor (Oklahoma Annie, Cowby & the Lady).
- Australia opens its first parliament in Melbourne.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Harvest Days are Over - Harry Macdonough
- Selections from Florodora - Gilmore's Band