Thursday 9 May 1901
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 9, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fuzzy Knight .
Another Job for the Undertaker, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 May 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1901 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Fuzzy Knight: Fairmont, West Virginia -- Actor (Oklahoma Annie, Cowby & the Lady).
- Australia opens its first parliament in Melbourne.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Harvest Days are Over - Harry Macdonough
- Selections from Florodora - Gilmore's Band