Wednesday 1 May 1901US date format: 5/1/1901, UK date format: 1/5/1901
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 1, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Heinz Roemheld and Heinz Eric Roemheld.
Another Job for the Undertaker, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 May 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1901 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Heinz Roemheld: American pianist composer and conductor...
- Simon Kuznets: Economist.
- Heinz Eric Roemheld: American film composer (d. 1985).
- Luis Zambrano: Self-taught inventor and mechanic from...
- Sterling Brown: American poet academic and critic (d....
- Antal Szerb: Hungarian scholar and author (d. 1945).
- Detroit Tigers commit 12 errors against Chicago White Sox.
- Herb McFarland hit first grand slam in the American League.
- The Pan-American Exposition opens in Buffalo, New York.