May 1904 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in May 1904.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on May 1904: find out below
Which were the important events of May 1904?
- 04 May 1904 The United States begins construction of the Panama Canal.
- 05 May 1904 Pitching against the Philadelphia Athletics at the Huntington Avenue Grounds, Cy Young of the Boston Americans throws the first perfect game in the modern era of baseball.
- 06 May 1904 American Lung Association holds its first meeting.
- 07 May 1904 Flexible Flyer trademark registered.
- 09 May 1904 The steam locomotive City of Truro becomes the first steam engine in Europe to exceed 100 mph (160 km/h).
- 11 May 1904 Andrew Carnegie donates $1.5 million to build a peace palace.
- 14 May 1904 1st Olympics in US are held (St. Louis)
- 15 May 1904 The Russian minelayer Amur laid a minefield about 15 miles off Port Arthur and sank Japan's battleships Hatsuse, 15,000 tons, with 496 crew and ''Yashima''.
- 18 May 1904 American Ion Perdicaris kidnapped in Morocco.
- 21 May 1904 Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA Soccer) forms in Paris, France.
- 25 May 1904 38th Belmont Stakes: George Odom aboard Delhi wins in 2:06.6.
- 28 May 1904 29th Preakness: Eugene Hildebrand aboard Bryn Mawr wins in 1:44.2.
- 30 May 1904 Frank Chance gets hit by pitch five times in a doubleheader.
Spanish painter and illustrator (d....
French actor, distinguished and...
French painter of the New Paris school.
- See more
Which were the top hits in May 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - Navajo
- Enrico Caruso - I Pagliacci - Vesti La Giubba (On with the Play)
- Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan - Blue Bell
- Arthur Collins - Hannah, Won't You Open That Door?
- Arthur Collins - I've Got a Feelin' for You