Saturday May 28, 1904
US date format: 5/28/1904, UK date format: 28/5/1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 28, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Shalva Mikhaylovich and Jaime Sabater.
The Wonderful Living Fan, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 28, 1904?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- See more
- 29th Preakness: Eugene Hildebrand aboard Bryn Mawr wins in 1:44.2.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 28, 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins - Hannah, Won't You Open That Door?
- Arthur Collins - I've Got a Feelin' for You