Sunday 15 May 1904US date format: 5/15/1904, UK date format: 15/5/1904
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 15, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gustav-Adolf Boltenstein and Clifton Fadiman.
The Wonderful Living Fan, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1904!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1904 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Gustav-Adolf Boltenstein: Sweden -- Equest dressage (1952, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Clifton Fadiman: Brooklyn, New York -- TV host (Information Please, Quiz Kids).
- The Russian minelayer Amur laid a minefield about 15 miles off Port Arthur and sank Japan's battleships Hatsuse, 15,000 tons, with 496 crew and ''Yashima''.