Sunday May 15, 1904
US date format: 5/15/1904, UK date format: 15/5/1904
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 15, 1904). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gustav-Adolf Boltenstein and Clifton Fadiman.
The Wonderful Living Fan, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 15, 1904?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- See more
- The Russian minelayer Amur laid a minefield about 15 miles off Port Arthur and sank Japan's battleships Hatsuse, 15,000 tons, with 496 crew and ''Yashima''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 15, 1904?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan - Blue Bell