Sunday 8 May 1904
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Derrick Mordaunt Snagge and Henri Contet.
while In the Bishop's Carriage by Miriam Michelson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1904 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- John Derrick Mordaunt Snagge: BBC news announcer / commentator.
- Henri Contet: French engineer, film critic, actor, lyricist and journalist.
- Albert Naud: French attorney, an acclaimed trial lawyer and a fierce opponent of the death penalty.
- John Snagge: British radio personality (Born 1904).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Pagliacci - Vesti La Giubba (On with the Play) - Enrico Caruso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?