Sunday 8 May 1904
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Derrick Mordaunt Snagge and Henri Contet.
The Wonderful Living Fan, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 May 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1904 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- John Derrick Mordaunt Snagge: BBC news announcer / commentator.
- Henri Contet: French engineer, film critic, actor, lyricist and journalist.
- Albert Naud: French attorney, an acclaimed trial lawyer and a fierce opponent of the death penalty.
- John Snagge: British radio personality (Born 1904).