Friday 6 May 1904
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Martinson and Catherine Lacey.
The Wonderful Living Fan, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1904 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Harry Martinson: Swedish author and poet Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1978).
- Catherine Lacey: Actress (October Man, Carnival), dies at 75.
- Moshe Feldenkrais: Ukrainian-born founder of the Feldenkrais method (d. 1984).
- Harry Martinson Sweden: novelist/poet (Trade Wind-Nobel Prize 1974).
- Raymond Bailey: Actor (Mr Drysdale-Beverly Hillbillies), dies at 75.
- Moshé Feldenkrais: Ukrainian-Israeli physicist and academic (d. 1984).
- Franz von Lenbach German painter: dies at age 67.
- American Lung Association holds its first meeting.