October 1903 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in October 1903.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on October 1903: find out below
Which were the important events of October 1903?
- 01 Oct 1903 Baseball: The Boston Americans play the Pittsburgh Pirates in the first game of the modern World Series.
- 05 Oct 1903 Sir Samuel Griffith is appointed the first Chief Justice of Australia and Sir Edmund Barton and Richard O'Connor are appointed as foundation justices.
- 09 Oct 1903 11 (28.4 cm) rainfall in 24 hours (NYC)
- 10 Oct 1903 The Women's Social and Political Union is founded in the UK.
- 12 Oct 1903 Lyric Theater opens at 213 W 42nd St, New York City
- 13 Oct 1903 Boston wins its first of seven World Series titles, beating Pittsburgh at their home park, Huntington Avenue Grounds.
- 16 Oct 1903 Homel, 1st Jewish self defense organization founded in Russia
- 20 Oct 1903 US wins disputed boundary between the District of Alaska and Canada.
- 24 Oct 1903 George Sutton becomes billiard champ.
- 26 Oct 1903 Yerba Buena is first Key System ferry to cross San Francisco Bay.
Ukrainian-American pianist and composer...
British writer, a novelist best known...
French architect and designer.
- See more
Composer, dies at 51.
Composer, dies at 73.
Composer, dies at 64.
dies at age 66.
- See more
Which were the top hits in October 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Parody on Hiawatha
- Sousa's Band - Jack Tar March
- Len Spencer - Reuben Haskins' Ride on a Cyclone Auto
- Dan Quinn - The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous
- Arthur Collins - Good-Bye, Eliza Jane