Wednesday 28 October 1903
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Evelyn A Waugh and Evelyn Waugh.
while Lovey Mary by Alice Hegan Rice was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1903!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1903 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Evelyn A Waugh: London, England -- Author (Brideshead Revisited, Scoop).
- Evelyn Waugh: British writer, a novelist best known for "Decline and Fall," published in September 1928, a book that made his name.
- Friedrich Breusch: Germany Scientist.
- John Chamberlain: American historian journalist and critic (d. 1995).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous - Dan Quinn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?