Wednesday 28 October 1903
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Evelyn Waugh and Evelyn A Waugh.
A Shocking Accident, directed by James Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1903!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1903 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Evelyn Waugh: British writer, a novelist best known for "Decline and Fall," published in September 1928, a book that made his name.
- Evelyn A Waugh: London, England -- Author (Brideshead Revisited, Scoop).
- Friedrich Breusch: Germany Scientist.
- John Chamberlain: American historian journalist and critic (d. 1995).