Thursday 1 October 1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vladimir Horowitz and Pierre Veyron.
Hiawatha, directed by Jan Northcutt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1903!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1903 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Vladimir Horowitz: Ukrainian-American pianist and composer (d. 1989).
- Pierre Veyron: French race car driver (d. 1970).
- George Coulouris: Manchester, England -- Actor (Runaway Bus).
- "Slapsie" Maxie Rosenbloom New York City: light-heavyweight boxing champion (1932-34).
- Baseball: The Boston Americans play the Pittsburgh Pirates in the first game of the modern World Series.