Friday October 23, 1903
US date format: 10/23/1903, UK date format: 23/10/1903
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 23, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Milford Dolliole and Curly Howard.
Jupiter's Thunderballs, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 23, 1903?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- Francis Ellingwood Abbot theologian (Scientific Theism): dies at age 66.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 23, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dan Quinn - The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous