Saturday 1 April 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Cohen-Tannoudji and Dan Flavin.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1933 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Claude Cohen-Tannoudji: French nuclear physicist and educator.
- Dan Flavin: American artist; sculptor who studied art history but was self educated as an artist.
- Robert Shavlakadze: Georgian high jumper.
- Frederick Lord Chelmsford: viceroy of British-India (1916-21), dies at age 64.
- Nazi Germany begins persecution of Jews boycotting Jewish businesses
- Heinrich Himmler becomes Police Commander of Germany.
- English cricketer Wally Hammond set a record for the highest individual Test innings of 336 not out, during a Test match against New Zealand.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?