Friday 1 August 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ronald Harmon Brown and Etienne Roda-Gil.
Hold That Ghost, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1941 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Ronald Harmon Brown: Chairman (Democratic Party).
- Etienne Roda-Gil: French songwriter and screenwriter (d. 2004).
- Natalie Delon: French actress who made a second marriage to actor Alain Delon on 8/13/1964; divorce 2/14/1969.
- Ron Brown: American captain and politician 30th United States Secretary of Commerce (d. 1996).
- Étienne Roda-Gil: French songwriter and screenwriter (d. 2004).
- Luftwaffe bombs German 23rd division
- New York Yankee Lefty Gomez walks most (11) in a shutout (Yanks 9, St. L 0)
- The first Jeep car is produced.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?