Friday 15 August 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Little Foxes, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1941 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Don Rich: Olympia, Washington -- Guitarist / country singer (Hee Haw).
- Viktor Mikhailovich Pisarev: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Don Rich in Olympia: Washington, USA; guitarist/country singer (Hee Haw).
- Manolis Mavrommatis: Greek politician.
- Gabriel Bestard: French magistrate, a prosecutor who began his career in 1970 at the headquarters of the Department of Justice.
- Liliana Cosi: Italian dancer, who studied at the ballet school of La Scala, graduating in 1958. A scholarship took her to Russia where she perfected her art. Her debut in Swan Lake received rave reviews.
- Alain Ossard: Bergerac EXecutives
- Jim Brothers: American sculptor (d. 2013)
- Lou Perryman: American actor (d. 2009)
- Kovono Lithuanian Jews are herded into Slobodka ghetto
- Corporal Josef Jakobs is executed by firing squad at the Tower of London at 7:12am, making him the last person to be executed at the Tower for treason.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?