Wednesday 20 August 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William H Gray III in Baton Rouge and Jo Ramirez.
The Little Foxes, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1941 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- William H Gray III in Baton Rouge: Louisiana, USA; American politician (Representative-Democrat-Pennsylvania, 1978-).
- Jo Ramirez: Mexican motor racing team manager and author.
- Jacques Cheminade: French political activist.
- Slobodan Milosevic: Serbian Communist Party bureaucrat called "the Butcher of the Balkans" for his efforts toward "ethnic cleansing.
- Dave Brock: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Hawkwind).
- Rich Brooks: American football player and coach
- Anne Evans: English soprano and actress
- William Gray: American lawyer and politician (d. 2013)
- Slobodan Milošević: Serbian lawyer and politician 1st President of Serbia (d. 2006)
- Robin Oakley: English journalist and author
- Jo Ramírez: Mexican race car driver and manager
- Police raid 11th district of Paris, takes 4,000+ Jewish males
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?