Saturday 1 August 1992
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Van McCann and Austin Rivers.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot.
In UK Ain't No Doubt by Jimmy Nail was in the top 5 hits.
Unforgiven, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Gerald'S Game by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Late Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baseball Stars 2 or Black Bass: Lure Fishing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1992!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1992 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
Famous Birthdays:01 August
- Salome closes at Circle in the Square Theater NYC after 9 performances
- USA / USSR Around World Air Race begins at Santa Monica
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- Madonna - This Used To Be My Playground
- TLC - Baby-Baby-Baby
- Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
- Jon Secada - Just Another Day
- Guns N' Roses - November Rain
- Tom Cochrane - Life Is A Highway
- Boyz II Men - End Of The Road
- En Vogue - Giving Him Something He Can Feel
- Wishing On A Star - The Cover Girls
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?