Friday 1 January 1971, NewYear’s Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kevin Lee and Beno Bryant.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
Sometimes a Great Notion, directed by Paul Newman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strange Report.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1971 ?
- Kevin Lee: NFL wide receiver (NE Patriots).
- Beno Bryant: WLAF running back (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Kevin Mitchell: NFL linebacker (San Francisco 49ers).
- Bobby Holik in Jihlava: Czechoslavakia; NHL left wing (New Jersey Devils, Team Czech Republic).
- Bridget Pettis: WNBA guard (Phoenix Mercury).
- Scott Riggs: American racing driver
- Juan Carlos Plata: Guatemalan soccer player
- Ezra Weisz: American voice actor
- Tameka Foster: Family Member
- Chris Potter: American jazz saxophonist
- Phoebus : Greek songwriter and producer
- Rodney : American wrestler
- Sammie Henson: American wrestler and coach
- Bobby Holík: Czech-American ice hockey player and coach
- Juan Plata: Guatemalan footballer
- Jyotiraditya Scindia: Indian politician
- Saint Amphilochius of Pochayiv: Ukrainian Orthodox Christian Saint (Born 1894).
- Cigarette advertisements are banned on American television.
- Tobacco advertisements are banned on radio and TV in the USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 January 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Van Morrison - Domino
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?