Thursday 1 January 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Amerikanka, directed by Leo Esakya, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1931 ?
- Ana Domingo Nieto: Spanish educator, linguist and retired teacher who became blind at 61 years and yet still active and dedicated to different interests (including theater) in 2012 at 81 years.
- Jimmy Smyth: Irish hurler (d. 2013).
- Goree Carter: American singer, guitarist, drummer, songwriter and soldier.
- Carel Brons: Composer.
- Siddig El Nigoumi: Ceramicist.
- Martinus Beijerinck: Dutch microbiologist and botanist (Born 1851).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1931 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Where Have You Been? - Emil Coleman & His Orchestra
- Them There Eyes - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra (Vocal Rhythm Boys (Bing Crosby)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?