Saturday 17 January 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick Alfred Fox and James Earl Jones in Mississippi USA actor (Darth Vader - Star Wars Exorcist II Soul Man Roots.
The Painted Desert, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Myndell Louis (1931 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1931 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Frederick Alfred Fox: Composer.
- James Earl Jones in Mississippi USA actor (Darth Vader - Star Wars Exorcist II Soul Man Roots: The Next Generations).
- L Douglas Wilder: American 66th Governor of Virginia.
- L Douglas: Wilder; American politician (Governor-Democrat-Virginia).
- James Jones: American actor, an imposing character and lead player on stage, screen and TV.
- Douglas Wilder: American politician, the first elected black Governor in U.S. history, winning the Virginia gubernatorial race in 1989. A leading African-American political star, Wilder ran a four-month presidential campaign before dropping out of the race in January 1992. Wilder has always run as the "underdog" in his political campaigns and has surprised political observers with his popularity among voters.
- Don Zimmer: American baseball player and manager. He made his debut in the major leages on July 2, 1954 as a member of the Brooklyn Dodgers. He played for additional several teams and made the All-Star team in 1961. After his retirement from the field in 1965 he became a minor-league manager and then worked as a base coach for the majors. In the late 1970s he became manager of the Boston Red Sox. The team performed well but failed to win a World Series. He has since held management positions with other team
- Grand Duke Peter Nikolaevich of Russia: son of Grand Duke Nicholas Nikolaevich (Born 1864).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?