Saturday 17 January 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Painted Desert, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1931 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- James Jones: American actor, an imposing character and lead player on stage, screen and TV.
- Douglas Wilder: American politician, the first elected black Governor in U.S.
- Frederick Alfred Fox: Composer.
- Don Zimmer: American baseball player and manager.
- James Earl Jones in Mississippi USA actor (Darth Vader - Star Wars Exorcist II Soul Man Roots: The Next Generations).
- L Douglas Wilder: American 66th Governor of Virginia
- L Douglas: Wilder; American politician (Governor-Democrat-Virginia).
- Grand Duke Peter Nikolaevich of Russia: son of Grand Duke Nicholas Nikolaevich (Born 1864).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 January 1931 and get them!