Saturday 1 November 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1947 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Anna Stuart: Actress (Donna Love-Another World).
- Rolando Garbey: Oriente, Cuba -- Light MW boxer (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Isabel Demenga: Oldest member of the Demenga artists.
- Tim Englert: American artist, a professional painter whose work has been shown at exhibitions.
- Paul Walliker: American bartender, able to talk politics with anyone.
- Man o' War: American thoroughbred racehorse (Born 1917).
- Medium & The Telephone closes at Barrymore NYC after 211 performances
- 1st Aloha Week Parade held in Hawaii
- Howard Hughes flies Spruce Goose, a large wooden airplane
- UN trusteeship for Nauru granted to Australia, New Zealand and the UK
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1947 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?