Monday 1 September 1975
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell.
In UK I Can't Give You Anything (But My Love) by The Stylistics was in the top 5 hits.
The Land That Time Forgot, directed by Kevin Connor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1975!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1975 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- R Kan Albay: Flemish film director.
- R Albay: Flemish actor and director.
- Natalie Bassingthwaighte: Australian singer-songwriter and actress (Rogue Traders).
- Nomy Lamm: American singer-songwriter and activist.
- Cuttino Mobley: American basketball player.
- Omar Rodríguez-López: Puerto Rican-American guitarist songwriter producer and actor (The Mars Volta At the Drive-In Bosnian Rainbows and De Facto)
- Scott Speedman: English-Canadian actor
- All political parties forbidden in Bangladesh
- Gunsmoke resigns the air
- KOL-AM in Seattle Washington changes call letters to KMPS
- New York City transit fare rises from 35 cents to 50 cents
- New York Mets' Tom Seaver is first to strike out 200 in eight consecutive seasons.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds - Fallin' In Love
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight
- Janis Ian - At Seventeen
- James Taylor - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
- David Bowie - Fame
- The Isley Brothers - Fight The Power (Part 1)
- Barry Manilow - Could It Be Magic
- Eagles - One Of These Nights
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?