Monday 29 September 1975
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Fame by David Bowie.
In UK Sailing by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS, directed by Don Edmonds, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1975!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1975 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Albert Celades: Spanish footballer and manager.
- Ava Vincent: American porn actress and model.
- Heather Pease: Monterey, California -- Synchronized swimmer (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Casey Stengel: New York Yankees' manager (1949-60), dies in Glendale, California, at age 85.
- Three For Money, debuts on NBC-TV
- Jackie Wilson, slips into an irreversible coma; he dies in 1984
- WGPR-TV Detroit, 1st Black-owned station in US, began broadcasting
- WGPR in Detroit, Michigan, becomes the world's first black-owned-and-operated television station.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 September 1975 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?