Monday 1 September 1986
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Venus by Bananarama.
In UK The Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh was in the top 5 hits.
Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1986!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1986 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- H Debehogne: Discovers asteroid #8265 La Silla.
- Gael Monfils: French tennis player.
- Gaël Monfils: French athlete, a professional tennis player, nicknamed "slider man" because of his suppleness.
- Jean Sarkozy: French politician, the son of the former President of France Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Anthony Allen: English rugby union player.
- Murray Hamilton: Actor (Rich Man Poor Man), dies at 63.
- Betsy King wins LPGA Rail Charity Golf Classic
- Paul McCartney releases Press to Play album
- Texas Rangers O McDowell and Porter are 7th to hit consecutive pinch HRs
- Establishment of Jordan University of Science and Technology in Jordan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bananarama - Venus
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom
- Miami Sound Machine - Words Get In The Way
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?