Monday 22 September 1986
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stuck With You by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
Crocodile Dundee, directed by Peter Faiman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Putovanje u Vucjak.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Championship Wrestling or The Golden Path.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1986!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1986 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 September
- 35 countries signs disarmament accord in Stockholm
- LA Dodger Fernando Valenzuela is 1st Mexican to win 20 games
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 September 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Daryl Hall - Dreamtime
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Stacey Q - Two Of Hearts
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Billy Ocean - Love Zone
Top #5 songs in the UK
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?