Monday 2 August 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1920 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- George Cantlay: American military, major general.
- Phyllis James: Mystery writer.
- Theo Marcuse: Washington, United States -- Actor (Mara of Wilderness).
- Pierre Viansson-Ponté: French journalist, author, editor, leading political commentator & historian of the gaullist era in France.
- Robert Bobin: France sport Champion.
- Louis Pauwels: French journalist and writer (d. 1997)
- Augustus Rowe: Canadian physician and politician (d. 2013)
- Ormer Locklear: American pilot and actor (d. 1920).
- Marcus Garvey presents his Back To Africa program in New York City
- Irish War of Independence: The British Parliament passes a bill to restore order in Ireland, suspending jury trials.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Left All Alone Again Blues - Marion Harris
- John McCormack - The Barefoot Trail
- Alexandria - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- My Sahara Rose - Happy Six
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 August 1920 and get them!