Sunday 2 July 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Flirting with Fate, directed by Christy Cabanne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1916 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Ken Curtis: American actor and singer (d. 1991).
- Hans-Ulrich Rudel: German combat pilot, the highest-decorated German soldier of WWII (d. 1982).
- Barry Gray [Bernard Yaroslaw]: Interviewer (started call-in radio).
- Ken Curtis [Curtis Gates]: Lamar, Colorado -- Actor (Ripcord, Festus-Gunsmoke).
- Lenin says Imperialism is caused by capitalism
- Russian offensive in Armenia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Fair Hawaii - Elsie Baker & Reed Miller
- Where Did Robinson Crusoe Go with Friday on Saturday Night? - Al Jolson
- Good-Bye, Good Luck, God Bless You - Ernest Ball
- My Bonny Bonny Jean - Harry Lauder
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1916?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?