Sunday 2 July 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Gray [Bernard Yaroslaw] and Ken Curtis [Curtis Gates].
Flirting with Fate, directed by Christy Cabanne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1916 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Barry Gray [Bernard Yaroslaw]: Interviewer (started call-in radio).
- Ken Curtis [Curtis Gates]: Lamar, Colorado -- Actor (Ripcord, Festus-Gunsmoke).
- Ken Curtis: American actor and singer (d. 1991).
- Hans-Ulrich Rudel: German combat pilot, the highest-decorated German soldier of WWII (d. 1982).
- Lenin says Imperialism is caused by capitalism
- Russian offensive in Armenia
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Fair Hawaii - Elsie Baker & Reed Miller
- Where Did Robinson Crusoe Go with Friday on Saturday Night? - Al Jolson
- Good-Bye, Good Luck, God Bless You - Ernest Ball
- My Bonny Bonny Jean - Harry Lauder
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?