Tuesday 13 January 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Ted Willis and Jijé .
Die Augen des Ole Brandis, directed by Stellan Rye, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1914 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Lord Ted Willis: British television dramatist (d. 1992).
- Jijé : Belgian author of comics strips, real name Joseph Gillain, pen name Jijé, best known for being a seminal artist on the Spirou et Fantasio strip (and for having introduced the Fantasio character) and the creator of one of the first major European western strips, Jerry Spring.
- James Mackenzie: Scottish diplomat who entered the diplomatic service in 1938.
- Osa Massen: Danish-American actress (d. 2006).
- Ted Willis: Baron Willis English author playwright and screenwriter (d. 1992).
- IWW-leader/songwriter Joe Hill arrested "Girl from Utah" East-Prussia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Sing Thee Songs of Araby - John McCormack
- On the Old Fall River Line - Billy Murray
- My Wonderful Dream Girl - John Barnes Wells
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?