Monday 2 July 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Why Do Fools Fall In Love by Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon was in the top 5 hits.
Somebody Up There Likes Me, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1956 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Julie Montgomery in Kansas City: Missouri; actress (Samantha - One Life to Live, Kindred).
- Leslie Reid: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Equestrian dressage (1996 Olympics).
- Jerry Hall in Mesquite: Texas, USA; model/Mrs Mick Jagger.
- Jeffrey Cooper: guitarist (Midnight Star - "No Parking").
- Jerry Hall: Model.
- A lab experiment at Sylvania Electric Products results in an explosion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?