Friday 2 July 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Usselton and Lee Allen in Pittsburg.
The Son of the Sheik, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1926 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Billy Usselton: Saxophonist.
- Lee Allen in Pittsburg: Kansas, USA; tenor sax ("Walkin' With Mr Lee").
- Morag Beaton: Scottish-Australian dramatic soprano who established her reputation as Turandot, a role she sang in Australia more than any other soprano to date.
- Darrell Hogan: American football player who played five seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League.
- Octavian Paler: Romanian journalist and politician (d. 2007).
- Emile Coue: French self-proclaimed psychotherapist best known for his aphorism, "Every day in every way I am getting better and better.
- US Army Air Corps created; Distinguish Flying Cross authorized.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Valencia - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Governor's Pardon - Vernon Dalhart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?