Friday 2 July 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Foreign Affair, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1948 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Bernard-Pierre Donnadieu: French actor who studied theatre and film at the Sorbonne Paris III and began his career in film at the age of 25 by making appearances with acclaimed directors.
- Mutula Kilonzo: Kenyan lawyer and politician (d. 2013).
- Gene McFadden: American singer-songwriter and producer (McFadden & Whitehead) (d. 2006).
- Saul Rubinek: Canadian actor.
- Sylvain Cambreling: French musician and orchestral conductor.
- 62nd Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Falkenburg beats Bromwich (75 06 62 36 75)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?