Sunday 2 July 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fulvia Ferragamo and Chris Mancini.
The Flame and the Arrow, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Web.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1950 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Fulvia Ferragamo: Italian noted family, the fourth child and third daughter of Salvatore and Wanda Ferragamo.
- Chris Mancini: American musician and noted family, the only son of Henry Mancini.
- Lynne Brindley: English librarian and academic.
- Jon Trickett: English politician.
- Indian Bob Feller, wins his 200th game, 5-3 over Detroit
- The Golden Pavilion at Kinkaku-ji in Kyoto, Japan burns down.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Weavers (Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra)
- Mona Lisa - Victor Young & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cherry)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?