Monday 2 October 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stuart Rose and Albert Buchalet.
A Tale of the Australian Bush, directed by Gaston Mervale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1911 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Naughty Marietta Selection - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- For Every Boy Who's Lonely, There's a Girl Who's Lonely - Lyric Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?