Saturday 1 October 1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dorian Grays Portræt, directed by Axel Strm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1910!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1910 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Bonnie Parker: Outlaw (Bonnie & Clyde), killed in police ambush.
- Fritz Köberle: Austrian-Brazilian physician and pathologist (d. 1983).
- José Moyal: Australian physicist and engineer (d. 1998).
- Chaim Scheinberg: Polish-Israeli rabbi and scholar (d. 2012).
- Attilio Pavesi: Italian bicyclist, the winner of the Gold Medal at the Olympics in Los Angeles in 1932.
- Fritz Koberle: Austrian-born physician (d. 1983)
- Jose Enrique Moyal: Australian mathematical physicist (d. 1998)
- Explosion at LA Times kills 21
- Berkshire Cattle Fair held in Pittsfield Massachusetts (first state fair).
- Los Angeles Times bombing: A large bomb destroys the Los Angeles Times building in downtown Los Angeles, California, killing 21.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1910 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Back to My Old Home Town - Jack Norworth
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?