Friday 13 October 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
A Tale of the Australian Bush, directed by Gaston Mervale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1911 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Ashok Kumar: Indian actor singer and producer (d. 2001).
- Millosh Nikolla: Albanian poet and author (d. 1938).
- Ticker Freeman: Paterson, New Jersey -- Pianist (Dinah Shore Show).
- Jens Von der Lippe: Norwegian ceramist, non-fiction writer, and educator.
- Pierre Lenoir: St-Mihiel Military man.
- Ulysse Cartonnet: French champion swimmer, who won bronze in the 200m breaststroke at the 1932 Summer Olympics, Los Angeles.
- André Jeanson: French trade unionist, vice-chairman of the CFTC and president of the CFDT.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dance of the Grizzly Bear - American Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?